Found this in Best of Craigslist. Of all the arguments for gay marriage, this pretty much sums it up:
And what sort of morally deformed person would take pleasure in the bitter disappointment of so many to whom this meant so much? What sort of person gloats in public for nothing more than just the empty momentary and childish pleasure of being agreed with on something that doesn’t affect them in the least?
Gay marriage doesn’t affect you one way or the other. Gay marriage doesn’t change your marriage and it doesn’t change your religion. A million gay people can get married tomorrow and nothing would change for you. Nothing at all. You wouldn’t even notice it but for your obsession about other peoples’ sex lives.
* Britney Spears can still get married while drunk for the 5th, no 6th, no, 7th time in Vegas to someone she just met last week, or even that night.
* You can still get married and divorced in the same day if you wish in several states and in some you can do that several times.
* Two 80 year olds can still get married as long as they are of different genders and even if one or both are afflicted with dementia.
* Two people of different genders can be married without ever meeting one another, even on the day of the wedding.
* Your sister can marry a guy on death row and never consumate the marriage.
* Your grandmother can marry the 20-year-old pool boy.
* Mary K. Latourneau can still marry the schoolboy she raped.
Please don’t tell me that gays are destroying the sanctity of marriage. Heterosexuals are doing a pretty bang up job of that without any help at all from gays.
Remember these when you go to church on Sunday:
# “Leave to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”
# “Whatsoever you do to the least of you, you do also to me”